Emerald Ash Borer Treatment
Are the trees around your neighborhood starting to show signs of infestation or diseases? Our urban forests are being plagued by many different bugs. Natural Resources Canada is currently monitoring and seeing an increase in the amount of Emerald Ash Borer in many Canadian trees. It is a good idea to have tree care from Reliable Tree Service to check your trees frequently for signs of pest infestation. We offer an eco-friendly Emerald Ash Borer treatment to help get rid of any infestations on your property.
The Emerald Ash Borer is also known as the EAB, and is being seen all around Ontario. These bugs have been spotted from Western Ontario in Windsor to Toronto and Burlington areas. The best way to defend your trees from any pests is to properly check and identify if they are being infested. Once you have an idea on what the problem is with your trees, then you can enlist the help from a tree service company to take care of it.
When looking for an Emerald Ash Borer infestation, you first need to check what types of trees surround your area. The Emerald Ash Borer attacks on the Ash, or Fraxinus, trees. Ontario is home to many of these trees all through the province, so there is a good chance that you might have one in your own backyard. If you notice that you have an Ash tree that is looking sick, then there is a chance that you have an Emerald Ash Borer infestation.
These insects go through various stages in your trees and it is important to know them. There are four stages of an Emerald Ash Borer:
- Egg – The egg will look oval to the naked eye. Since it is flat and a reddish brown they are hard to spot, especially since they tuck themselves away between the bark plates.
- Larva – The larva is when the Emerald Ash Borer does the most harm to your trees. It grows to be over 30 times as big as the eggs and has a brown head with a white body. These thousands of larva cut off the flow of nutrients to the tree, which ultimately can lead to the tree dying.
- Pupa- The pupa is a mature larva. If you are looking for Emerald Ash Borers then you can often find the pupa if you strip some bark from the tree during the spring.
- Adult- The adult Emerald Ash Borers are seen during the summer months. They are a shiny green colour with black eyes. They will lay their eggs during those months that will start everything over again.
The various symptoms of an Emerald Ash Borer infestation include:
- Leaf damage
- Shoots from tree
- Heavy seed creation
- Yellowing of the leaves
- Bark splitting from wood
- Bug galleries on the wood
- Bark borer holes
- Top of tree showing dieback
A correct diagnosis is important when you want to help your trees. There are other bugs and factors that leave different clues as to why your trees are starting to die. If you are still not sure then contact Reliable Tree Service to come help you correctly identify your tree trouble. If your tree is too sick or close to death, you may need tree removal to ensure that the infection doesn’t spread to other trees. If caught soon enough, our Emerald Ash Borer treatment should be enough.
We are proud to offer an eco-friendly solution to the people of Oakville, Hamilton & Burlington, ON. Contact us today at Reliable Tree Service for residential and commercial tree service.